Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Wayne

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Wayne/">Wayne on December 20, 1999 05:39:26 UTC

CL: I have one question, what do you mean that two particles have zero attractive force? Are you asserting that two objects in space have no attraction toward each other?

Wayne: Not quite. I am saying that two objects of EQUAL mass will have zero attratictive force, and that 3 particles of equal mass would be required to be held together by gravity. It is my conclusion that Newton would have eventually figured this out had he looked deeper into his own observation that bodies of SIMILAR mass have very little attractive force relative to each other. Its the only logical conclusion you can come to when you look at two particle that are exactly the same and then ask yourself: "At the point of contact (a very tiny point between the surface of each particle) how much gravitational force is being applied to THAT POINT, and in which direction(s) is it being attracted? You can only come to one conclusion. It is being attracted in opposite directions with equal force. In essence, the slightest outside force (a babies breath) between the two particles would push them apart. I now believe that, contrary to current thinking, the force that bonds Quarks together (3 particles) is in fact one unit of quantum gravity. This means that at the quantum level gravity is in fact a strong force, and is only percieved as a weak force because there is a balancing act going on in gravity that is governed by the number, and arrangement of the particles involved. (I also now believe I can see the source of the "vibration" that is mentioned in some writings on the subject of quarks) Hope that helps, and thanks for making me defend my position by posting a serious question.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins