Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: What Is Gravity?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by David W. Anderson on December 14, 1999 21:18:25 UTC

: I mean, that nature-living system is not controlled through mathematics. : Therefore mathematics cannot never says, why matter exist, or what is life.

: I think that we speak different. : We dont understand each other.

Wayne: Human, I think I understand what you are trying to say. Math explains HOW things happen but not WHY they happen the way they do. This gets into the question of: Is there a God or did the universe just happen to develope on its own. Some time back I decided to put the Bible to the test and see if I could explain one story in it that appears to violate the laws of physics. The Red Sea crossing was such a legend. Upright walls of water are a violation of the law of gravity. What I found was that scripture, when clsoely studied, indicates that the crossing took place over a bridge of ice, and this is not a violation of the laws of physics. This means (to me) that I can use the Bible as a research tool for questions relating to the universe. I for one happen to agree with your notion that what we see from distant stars and galaxies did not take place thousands, or millions of years ago. Because scripture reveals that "LIGHT" permiated the universe before the sun and moon were established to regulate the intensity of light. Our eyes never detect light, we mearly see THROUGH it, and that means we are seeing those distant events in real time; as they happen.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins