Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Newton & Einstein Resolve Their Dispute.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Wayne/">Wayne on December 1, 1999 15:27:27 UTC

I have for some time now, held that Newton and Einstein each had overlooked something in their math models which, once corrected, would bring them into harmony. I also believed that some minor adjustment could be found within the works of one or the other, that would open they way to cracking "quantum gravity". I now hereby publish my observations for three changes in their respective works that will accomplish that goal.

(1) Rewrite Newton's law of universal gravitation as follows: "Two bodies will attract each other with equal and opposite forces, the magnitude of which is proportional to the product of the two masses and is also proportional to the inverse square of the distance between the"-change- (gravitational center of the lessor mass and the gravitational center of the combined masses). This will be a point near the greater bodies center of gravity, but slightly closer in the direction of the lessor body. Basically it is a balance point between the two masses.

(2) General relativity will now have to be modified in the following fashion to accommodate the corrected Newtonian math: Einstein takes Grossmann's advice not to look to differential geometry, and follows his earlier instinct that Minkowski's notion of warping space-time is not correct. Einstein decides to make the combination "space-light" and works off the assumption that light is constant and simply activated by the speed of "electromagnetic radition propogating in a vacuum". In laymans terms; light is everywhere, all the time. Electromagnetic radiation is the switch. Therefore the constant "c" remains the same.

(3) Key to unlocking quantum gravity is found in further refining Newton's notion relating to bodies of similar mass as follows: Two bodies of equal mass and density will exert zero attractive force relative to each other, (they cancel) and a third body (particle) of equal mass will be required for gravitational bonding to take place. (Quarks) (c) 1999 Wayne R. Brown

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins