Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Multi Time Dimension?!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Wayne/">Wayne on November 27, 1999 00:27:56 UTC

: Wayne: :...Since motion is linear, time is linear

ZC: Not all motion is linear.

Wayne: Give me an example of nonlinear motion.

ZC: Motion need not be linear, and even if it was this need not follow.

Wayne: Again; I ask, can you give me an example?

Wayne: :Without matter, and motion combined, there is nothing to change in the way of "relationships" among "physical" bodies. Time has one, and only one function. That is to describe some increment of change.

ZC: Time needn't be restricted to this function.

Wayne: Give me a practicle example of some other function.

Wayne: :Since increments, by definition, are unchanging (an inch is always an inch & a second is always a second) time is fixed.

ZC: This is simply not true. Time and distance intervals between events are relative, not absolute. A second between events for one observer's coordinate system is part time and part space between the events for another.

Wayne: You are speaking as if "relativity" were a law rather than a theory. Kip Thorne makes this same flawed argument in his book.

Wayne: :In other words it won't warp or bend. If it warps it ain't time.

ZC: Since your assumption that space and time intervals has long sense been proven to be a Newtonian error, this does not follow.

Wayne: Intervals in space and time have been argued, not proven wrong. Everyone seems to think Newton made an error. He didn't, he simply failed to carry his findings to a final "polished" conclusion. If he were known to be in error NASA wouldn't be using his calculations in space travel.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins