Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Four Dimensional Crests And Troughs...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Wayne/">Wayne on November 26, 1999 04:28:39 UTC

CL: Wayne......you do believe that light is a form of the electromagnetic field right?

Wayne: CL......I don't think we have a quantum grasp of "pure light" any more than we have a quantum theory for gravity.

CL: Then light is a force, am I correct? (afterall it does knock electrons from metals to create solar power)

Wayne: Is it the light, or the heat generated as a result of the light that knocks the electrons off.

CL:All force is a form of mechanical energy and therefore light is energy. All energy has a corresponding mass inversly prorportional to the spped of light squared. All mass attracts all other mass. We call this gravity. So wouldn't be almost paradoxical to say that gravity has no effect on light which has energy?

Wayne: We still don't have a profound understanding of light or gravity, so I see it as premature to assume that all force is a form of "mechanical" energy. It is presumed the universe started with heat beyond our comprehention, and zero matter. So what was the "energy" source for that heat.

CL:Would you then say that light can escape from a blackhole?

Wayne: I have come to the conclusion that space-time does not bend or warp. So, since that eliminates the prospect of there being black holes or singularities, the answer is yes. By the way I arrived at this conclusion through principles of math, not by listening to some hairbrained TV preacher.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins