Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Gravity, Particles, Matter And All That Jazz

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Wayne/">Wayne on November 23, 1999 19:10:39 UTC

Yel says: "To close, the Universe is not wierder than you think, it is more wierd than we can possibly imagine."

Wayne: Yel, I work from the idea that true science, and true religion (if there is such a thing) can be combined into one REAL TRUTH. An absolute that can be known. It has been my experiance that scientists are much more willing to admit their mistakes. Mainstream "religious" thinkers don't seem to have a depth of understanding "relative" to their designated paradigm's fundamental tool (the Bible) and refer to it often in error. My goal is to find the TRUTH no matter who's side it comes down on. A classic example of this clash between science and religion is the idea that life could not have been on earth before the "six days of creation" described in Genesis. If the religious thinkers would take the same approach as scientists, and seek out the remote clues hidden in the distant corners of their Bibles, they could come to understand that life (flora and fauna) did exist on earth prior to the events described in Genesis 1:2. They could also learn that God did not suspend the laws of physics in the crossing of the Red Sea. They failed to study the details of the event properly. In other words, it didn't happen the way Cecil B. DeMill filmed it. With all this in mind let me respond to your comment above. Paraphrasing, I Corinthians 2:9 It hasn't entered the minds of man all that is in store for him. In other words; your right!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins