Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Yelmalio

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Yelmalio/">Yelmalio on November 23, 1999 09:26:51 UTC

By the way Yel, my thinking is focused in two areas at the moment (I know that is a contradiction) 1st is quantum gravity 2nd is relativities erroniuos concept of spacetime being so closely combined as to be, mathematically, one and the same.

I've been away for a few days so sorry for the delay in posting.

A quantum theory of gravity is being actively studied by a lot of people. I'd suggest reading Michio Kaku's book "Hyperspace" for a reasonable intro to this subject. For a better read get hold of "The New Pysics" edited by P. Davies. If you want to give youself a headache read "300 years of Gravitation" edited by Hawking and Israel, lots of maths in this but it is a very good description of the state of Gravitatonal research upto 10 years ago.

According to Kaku Quantum Gravity has been solved as such. The solution is in String Theory but no one has been able to solve the maths behind this. Your task should you wish to accept it ...

Spacetime being seperate. We'll have to agree to disagree before Godwins Law1 is invoked. If you can formulate a theory of gravity that does not require space and time to be related and improve on Relativity then best of luck to you. Rather than cluttering up this board, mail me with your ideas, I'm open to discussing them.

Yelmalio

[1]When a discussion falls into name calling and likening each other to Hitler, the discussion is dead. Proposed by a Mr. Godwin on usenet.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins