Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Learning How This Board Works

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Wayne/">Wayne on November 6, 1999 17:54:11 UTC

I do not claim to be a math wiz, but my common sense (not my "beliefs" religious or otherwise) tell me the gravity of two particals of equal mass will not attract, or repell each other. I come to this conclusion with the following mind test: draw two equal circles on a grid. Now place a dot in the center of each (center of gravity) a polar line top to bottom in each (through the center of gravity) you now have four parts of equal mass. Now place a dot where you would locate the center of gravity for each part. You now have the following: Two circles with three dots each and a point of contact where the two circles touch, a total of seven dots (adding one for the point of contact) This point of contact is being attracted in two directions with equal force, hence, attraction at the point of contact is cancelled out. Only when you add a third circle (particle) of the same mass in a triangle array do you set up a condition where two centers of gravity can act on one, and yield a bonding force. Just my humble opinion, and I too am a seeker of truth willing to be proven wrong. Insulting me won't prove me wrong.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins