Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hey Zephram....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by CL on November 5, 1999 00:53:31 UTC

I just wanted to know your opinion on time travel (to the past). Based on your seemingly superior knowledge of physics, do you think there is any way possible?

i.e. Tippler cones and all that stuff....... and one more thing, do you know what I'd be talking about if I mentioned those equations that allow for a light cone to tip in such away that your local future becomes your global past, and all you have to do is "catch up" with it? It depends on 3 things, 1: the universe must be curved and closed, 2: the universe has to rotate at a high rate of speed, 3: the light cone must be a fair distance from the rotational axis of the universe. If you have no idea what I mean, let me know and I'll explain better.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins