Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Imploding

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by CL on November 4, 1999 23:01:09 UTC

: Actually, I disagree with a baseball sized blackhole consuming a planet the size of Jupiter. It takes substantial mass to expand the event horizon of a black hole. If a black hole is stationary in the center of a planet, a stable condition arises where the radius of the black hole is no longer able to 'consume' any mass.

I may be totaly wrong with that analogy.........but a blackhole does have gravity outside of the horizon, no matter how small it is. Neglecting the fact that a blackhole can evaporate, won't all matter eventualy fall in to the hole because a gravity field is present? To me it would seem inevitable that all matter eventualy finds its way to the horizon ESPECIALY since there is no other force repelling it or holding it to something else (i.e. the bonds that exist in solid objects) because Jupiter is gaseous, not solid. If you reason that Jupiter has a solid core, I'd say that The very center is probably liquified anyway due to intense heat built up by the imense pressure exerted by gravity (just like Earth in a sence) Now I'm just mumbling on, but my main point is that with nothing to hold the matter away from the blackhole, what's to keep the finite gravitational force from acting on it?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins