Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Color

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Randi/">Randi on February 2, 1998 23:33:18 UTC

okee.. i have a question.. it may be stupid but it is an ongoing conversation with my roommate. If one could detect a black hole would it appear darker than the black of space? since there is NO light being reflected at all in the area in the detected black hole i would think that nothing could be seen and the total absence of visible light would cause it to appear darker this is all based on the fact that the hole had been detected because there is a cloud of gas around it that is in the process of being sucked in pls respond! :) thank you!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins