Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Learning How This Board Works

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rajan Shukla/">Rajan Shukla on November 4, 1999 03:02:19 UTC

: Sorry about the 2 false start replys to the Black holes can't exist message. Rajan, you state that when a star collapses in on itself it only attracts inward toward its center of gravity. This is not posible because it is made up of particles of matter, and each particle has its own center of gravity. If you place two particles of the same mass next to each other, their gravitational force will cancel each other out yeilding zero attractive force. Join three particles together and you will have the beginnings of gravitational attraction. As you add particals of matter to the mass the internal particals are attracted outward by external particals from all directions. I believe the force of gravity is very finite, and you will never find a body in the universe that is large enough to crush a surface object without first trapping it under some other object. It is my belief that gravity ALONE can not crush anything. It is also my belief that if we could travel to the (innerspace) center of any great mass in the universe, we would find the same condition as if we were in outerspace. We would be weightless. I offer you a little scientific test: Glue a few golf balls together (particles) and select any one of them to see how many are pulling against it from any given direction.

Sorry, I guess I was off on that one.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins