Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Why Black Holes Can't Exist

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Wayne R Brown/">Wayne R Brown on November 3, 1999 12:52:17 UTC

: : : There are two fundamental reasons that the theory of the existance of black holes will eventually be proven in error. (1) A hole, by definition, is devoid of matter. (2) The force of gravity would have to be applied in only one direction (inward) but as we all know it exerts in all directions. Consider the following: If you could lift a conical section out of the earth, let's say from the arctic circle to the earth's center, you would have two bodies with two centers of gravity. The larger body would retain a center of gravity near the center of the mass. The smaller, cone shaped body, would have a center of gravity nearer the top of the cone. No matter how you divide up a mass, it has particles of matter that each have their own, individual centers of gravity, and these centers of gravity are always exerting force on their neighbors. So, not only is the earths center pulling us in; if we could get to it we would find the mass near the surface pulling us back. We would in fact be weightless, not crushed by the force of gravity. If you get a chance, pass this along to Stephen Hawking as food for thought, and tell him I love his books and essays. : : I am not saying your theory is wrong but I have a different one which I find a little more accurate. You said "The force of gravity would have to : : be applied in only one direction (inward) but as we all know it exerts in all directions" I agree with this entirely but when a star collapses and it crunches into it's center of gravity which is in it's core it only pulls in one direction which is inward. That is why it pulls matter into it. I may be wrong but all the reliable sources I know and have read about in all the 13 years of my life have given answers similar to those of mine.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins