Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Gibberish

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by CL on October 11, 1999 15:22:22 UTC

Ok.......I see why you would say that it was gibberish, but, like I said I am bad with words when it comes to explaining things. The stuff between the atom nucleus and the electron cloud is quantum foam. (however you want to say it or whatever terms you use.....I call it quantum foam because that's how I learned it.) Now,......no matter how small you get, the stuff is still there, even if there are a bagillion planck lengths present. To say that it isn't there would be like saying there are no people on the Earth when looking, with the naked eye, at the Earth from Mars. They are just to small to see but they are still there. So there is quantum foam "inside" the atom whether it's at the planck length or not. The question that I answered was asking if between the nucleus and the electrons was nothingness. Quantum physics says that there is no "true" vaccume due to uncertainty. So my reply was that it was quantum foam.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins