Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: You Can't Do That

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by RD/">RD on September 17, 1999 12:17:59 UTC

: That is totaly true. But if you were to look back you would see nothing, because the entire universe's life span would have happened as you crossed the horizon. (which by the way I don't think is possible to cross). Can't look back you say?.......true because all events of the universe would be beyond the mathematical boundary of your light cone. But that's what I mean exactly........EVERY EVENT NO MATTER HOW FAR IN THE FUTURE WOULD BE BEYOND YOUR LIGHT CONE. This means that nothing in our universe will ever happen because it all already has happened and is done. Whether you say light cone or "Looking back at us" (and seeing nothing at all because you can't litteraly look back into the universe) the universe for you is over. You are forever disconected with us because we are no longer existant. Why I even argue this point I can't say, except that it's just for the sake of arguement......I don't even believe you can enter a black hole. I think your light cone becomes infinitely close to being tipped from our universe but never makes it to that "perpendicular" point. When I say perpendicular I mean the line that bisects the angle formed at the cone's vertex.

RD: This sounds like the ultimate ego. You are saying that I do not exist if I am not in your consciousness.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins