Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Nice Response, However...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Yelmalio/">Yelmalio on August 31, 1999 13:08:26 UTC

: your statement concerning the genesis of the cosmos : seems somewhat elementary and contradictory.

Elementary, absolutely. How else do you fit the entire knowledge of the physics of the first three minutes into a few sentences without confusing people :)

: Doesn't a quantum fluctuation infer time? If there then : how does one come to the inference that an event : that requires time, begot that which is time?

My understanding goes like this, I'll happily read corrections. Before the big bang there was nothing, absolutely nothing, no spacetime, no mass, nothing. If there was then the Universe could be considered infinite which is exactly what Cosmologists shy away from.

So the evidence is, you have no spacetime, the Big Bang occurs, spacetime now exists and the laws of nature are created. Do we know any physical processes that are not time related, no - have to admit my knowledge of M-Brane theory is lacking. Some process must have occurred to create the Big Bang from nothing and create spacetime. The last I heard a quantum fluctuation (uncertainty principle or whatever) was a good candidate. Or at least one I favoured.

For what it is worth, the first 10^-43 seconds of the Big Bang and questions like, where did it come from? are not readily answerable, yet! A theory of everything or some super-symmetrical theory may provide answers but that is still a long way off.

Yelm "SU(3)U(1)" Alio

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins