Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: It Does But

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by nåte on August 28, 1999 19:40:28 UTC

: Yes, I see what you are saying, however the reason we "have no way of observing them" is because in our time they do not happen.

: So in our reality nothing can get past the EH, and the BH hole is a frozen star. I agree with you that a faraway FoR and the EH are causally disconnected, but this means more than we just can't say anything about what is happening - since the time dilation is asymptotically approaching infinity before the EH is ever reached

correct. I would even go so far as to state that even a FoR a few "inches" from the EH boundary would not effectively observe an event traverse the EH in finite time, only approach infinitism.

So yes, I believe the issue concerning these temporal events, crossing an infinite barrier, merely a case of semantics. One could even say that depending on your philosophical FoR will give one a different answer. The answer one looks for depends what FoR one is asking the question. I think the resolution to this matter in a far away FoR is the understanding of causal disconnection. I think the solution to the matter within the EH is simple; local FoR.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins