Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Tell Me About Black Holes.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by yelmalio/">yelmalio on August 27, 1999 07:26:51 UTC

: Please send me a E-mail and tell all about Black Holes.I also have some questions about Black Holes. : 1.Can the EARTH be a Black Hole?

Yup. It would only be a millionth of a meter across though. How you make the Earth a Black Hole is another story.

: 2. Is it true that you can move faster then the speed of the light when your in a Blalck Hole

The escape velocity inside the event horion is greater that the speed of light. So your kinetic energy inside the event horizon would give you a velocity greater than light speed.

,and is it true that you get very tall?

You would be very squashed. Gravitational length contraction would make appear to be longer as you fell into the hole.

: 3 Is it true that a Scientist did find out that big stone gone hit the EARTH inc2004

There was a flap a while ago about a near earth crossing asteroid that had a minute chance of hitting us. But then we are being pelted with small bits of dust every day, meteors dontcha know.

: 4. But also i will like to know that is it true that in planet MARS can somebody be alive

In a space suit, yes. The atmospheric pressure on Mars is less than it is on the top of Mt. Everest and the atmosphere is largely carbon dioxide, nitrogen and a few other gases. Not much Oxygen to breath.

or eg.When you dig in planet MARS is it true that can be a gravity : (or the gravity will burst)?

Little experiment for you. Dig a hole in the ground, does Gravity burst for you. No, then it does not on Mars.

: Maybe the questions don't make sense but you understand what i meen.

Not really but I tried.

: Please, please send me back and tell me all about Black Holes and univers.

In the beginning there was nothing. Then a quantum fluctuation occurred and the entire Universe came into existence at a single point. The energy of its Higgs field was transferred to zero point energy (IIRC) which allowed the universe to expand rapidly so it got cooler. Then radiation went through a phase transition and matter was created. The remaining radiation was left over as the Cosmic Background Radiation. Matter cooled, gravity took over and Galaxies formed. Stars formed, blew up, new stars formed, planets formed, life developed and people started asking questions like,

Why are we here? How where we created? When is lunch? What is for lunch? Which restaurant shall we go to? Do you get fries with that?

If you want to learn about Black Holes read the book "Gravity" by Misner, Thorpe and Wheeler.

Yelmalio.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins