Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Small Difference Of Opinion.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by MountainWave/">MountainWave on August 13, 1999 12:37:37 UTC

Does time travel exist? I guess the most pertanant answer is that none of us really know. Although we speculate, we cannot be for sure. As for whos grandfather invented the paradox, it really dosen't matter. Sometimes when we don't know the answer to a future question we resort to going back to the past where we find a more comfortable train of thought. Now, my theroy is: To travel through time in a singular dimention seems not to be very likly. First we must realize that there is really no physical time, only what we percieve as a really nice way to chart our memories. I believe that many people are under the impression that once you hit the speed of light everything around you dissappears and you move to a place already prefaceted in the future, this really can't be true though. Like I said earlier, time is a perception, and with this in mind I would believe that no matter what happens after you hit the speed of light(which I wouldn't know what would happen) your perception of time would be the same. Also if you will remember from basic science class its not what rotates around what that determines the perception of time passage, but how fast what you are on is rotating that does, so most likely other persons perception of time passage wouldn't change if you somehow created a craft to transport you at light speed. This is just my opinion and it is subject to criticism. I don't believe myself to be "right", but this is the only way my mind can grasp time travel. Thank you for your time. P.S.- Wormholes are a different story though.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins