Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Problems With That Interpretation

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by daViper on August 10, 1999 18:22:08 UTC

: What you are espousing, Nate, is the frozen star : interpretation of many years ago. The Finkelstein : FoR shows that an object will pass the horizon in a : finite amount of time.

: The problem is that Finkelstein's : time is no one's proper time, so what I'm trying to find out : is to a stationary far away observer can anything cross the event horizon in a finit time. I'm beginning to think there is no answer to this question. ::::::::::::::::::: Yes, the biggest problem I have with this whole concept is at what point in distance do you draw the line between "an outside observer" and "the matter that is falling in".

From what I've read, a person falling into the Blackhole would not experience time dilation, but someone observing him would see him take an infinite amount of time to do so.

OK. At what distance from the event horizon do they become two separate frames of reference?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins