Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Time Travel?....To What Exactly? / OO-Universe

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by daViper on August 5, 1999 00:21:42 UTC

: This is in no way an answer to you question, but reading you post made me wonder : about an other aspect of math and time. : Itīs true that (most) people use base 10 math, because for some reason : it is the easiest way to do math. Just like computers : do all their math in base 2. : The thing that people and computers have in common is that both : prefer to do math with Integers. Both humans and computers have to : be "tricked" into computing Floats. : The most diffult calculations are those with an infinite number of : decimal points (like Pi or 1/3).

: With regards to time I have the following question: : When I create a Float with infinit decimal point, like 2/3 : WHEN (at what moment in time) is that number complete? : Is there an "endless" proces in time created every time : we create a Float or are all those decimal point create : at the same/no time?

: : Gerwin Brink : Or do we just point to exsiting objects and is the Universe : truly object oriented?

:::::::::::: Sort of a OOU huh? In which matter is cast as public, galaxy class definitions localize it thru persistence and multiple inheritance, necessitating the invocation of multiple instances of the class so it can perform some robust process like evolution, say. Hmmm. OK.

I don't know man, a lot of it still looks more like old spaghetti code to me. A bit structured/modular at some levels but full of "go to's" in others with no return linkage at all. It has pretty poor error recover also. I understand the whole thing is going to crash after a while anyway since there is no real lexical scoping to give it stability at the lower and mid levels.

I hope there are no folks in a sorta nearby universe waiting around for the first pi equation I ever wrote as a kid to resolve to some quantifiable value as we speak since they'd be standing in one spot for a helluva long time growing old in the wait.

:-)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins