Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: What Is A Professional?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by richard david/">richard david on August 4, 1999 11:58:21 UTC

: Letīs say I am a professional in the field the human factor of company reoganisation. : And with my expertise a create a model of how different types of people : act and react ot each other under the stress of a company : restructuring. The model works fine and everthing is ok.

: Donīt you think its possible that I can use the same or slightly : adjusted model to describe the macro-social concequences of : human interaction in a nation during a war? : Although Iīm not a professional in macro-sociology my : theory may be a contibution in that field.

From RD: Your post reminds me of an old cliche, "Mathematics is finite" which means that the same mathematics, or in other words, the same theories seem to apply over and over again in rather diverse fields.

: I may even go further. If I decide to make my more : even more abstract it may as well say something usefull : in the field of gas-dynamics under extreme pressure.

: So being a professional in one field, can by : the above reasoning help to contribute on other : fields. And since everybody is good at something, : anybody can come up with a "good" theory.

: Gerwin Brink

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins