Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Empty Space.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Human I. Scientist on July 28, 1999 08:10:56 UTC

: Although I have seen through space, it is not empty. It is full of dimensions. : The ancients thought it was full of three dimensions. Then Einstein and Hilbert taught us that it was really four dimensions. String theorists first thought that it was full of ten dimensions. Witten made that 11 dimensions with M theory and Vafa made it 12 dimensions with F theory. : Soon there will be an acceptable, to the physicists that rule this realm, a 13-d theory, probably named with another letter of the alphabet. : Once physicist start doing things a certain way, they hardly ever stop, especially when it comes to naming things. : Personally, I think there are 26 dimensions, not because there are 26 letters, although in the Hebrew tradition (eg. The Book of Creation), god formed the universe out of the letters of the alphabet. : However, the 26 dimensions are slao predicted by the original string theory. All these extra dimensions are used to form matter and forces. In fact, there are 22 extra dimensions for the creation of force and matter, just the number of hebrew letters. : Fortunately there are eniugh leters in the English alphabet for physicists to work their way up 26-D one D at a time.

Thanks to join conversation.

I want to speak little of this dimension-issue. We must see, what dimension mean.

Mathematic, there is 3-dimension's, when we want to make view of space. I mean x-y-z-coordinate's, 3-dimensions.

At nature is hmm. how i say, that you dont missunderstand, hmm. okey, one-dimension, one-dimension-space.

Example this room, where i write now. It is one-dimensional-space, but with mathematic's, 3-dimensional-x-y-z,coordinates, i can say, what is mathematical size of this room, and where everything is, etc.

When we speak nature itself, this all what we can see, it is always one-dimensional, material-dimensional.

Matter world is one dimension. Non-matter is other dimension.

These 3 or more dimension at space?, i dont understand these views.

I think that some has mix, mathematics 3-x-y-z, and nature. Mathematic's can only give view of nature, like size(measuring tape), weight(measuring kg). Mathematics cannot give answer, like, how matter is born, and why it move, and make planets, forms, etc.

How it can?

Space is like this room, where i wrote, only that, room is bigger, and it that room, is many, many, planets, etc.

We dont have answer, how this all, born, or how nature make it's own solutions. This system, what part we are, is so nice. But, you dont see it, if you look through books. It is nice to see, how moon rotate earth, cloudies move, make rain, living things rest, etc.

Nature is. Love and peace. Human.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins