Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Death Of A Blackhole

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by David Tate/">David Tate on January 18, 1998 15:36:18 UTC

You are quite right, there si still a lot that is unknown, and I strongly support the "keep looking" advice, however, some very strong gravitional forces have been seen, keeping planets and stars in orbit and they seem to be circling a dark part of space.

I know that this is all circumstantial evidence, but something is causing this to happen and Black holes are strong candidates.

: well my friend just remember there is not one absolute answer Nobody really knows what happens to blackholes nobody even has strong evidence to prove they even exsist your theories may be right but so may mr hawkings : keep looking for the answers

: : : : In my studies in Blackholes I have discovered that Blackholes do not die! Weird. If it begins as a collapsing star and ends up as a hole in the realms of time and space, What do they just sit there forever!

: : : I was hopeing that someone could let me know their theory. I need this info by November 30.

: : :I think that Hawking believes that blackhole "evaporate" over time what this means I do not know, but it is somehow a factor of their mass, something like 70 billion years anyway they virtually last fareever considering the universe is only 15 billion years old. I don't have any info on the theory but I hope I was of some help!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins