Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Photon Entanglement

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by matt muirhead/">matt muirhead on May 10, 1999 01:15:11 UTC

I read somewhere that some guys from (I forget specifically, maybe MIT)actually separated two particles using a "wall with two slits in it" the particle split or did what is called "ghosting" they then kept the particles separated and removed them seven miles from each other. somehow they affect the "spin" on one of the ghosted, entangled left particle, and the other right particle was instantly also affected. I also considered the communications potential from such technology. I guess this is why we haven't recieved any radio signals from other potentially intgelligent fforms of life in the SETI project. EVERYONE ELSE IN THE UNIVERSE IS ON TO THIS TECHNOLOGY. As my freind Ben says, "it's the Golden Thread."

: From what I have read, entanglement describes the link that two simultaneously created particles have with each other. I read about an experiment in which two electrons (or photons)are created and sent flying in opposite directions. One passes through a magnetic field that makes it change direction (I believe it hangs a left). The othe sister particle does not pass through a field yet it takes a turn as well at the same instant! How do these two little fellas communicate? If they are not subjected to any magnetic fields they both just keep travelling straight. They are entangled. I thought, why not use this for communications? You could affect and oscillate entangled photons thousands of miles from each other at super light speed! Why not oscillate incoming radiation from other galaxies with magnetic fields on earth? Would the particles that are entangled with the ones hitting the earth possibly be entangled with those hitting another planet? I read this in abook called "The dancing Wu Li masters" It's an excellent book for laypeople like me. I can't remember the author's name. I had acouple of ideas about how this property could be used for communications on earth and between galaxies and planets. I'm looking for a physicist that I could chat with about it. : chris boeger : guitar@terracom.net

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins