Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: PHYSICS AND GOD

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by David Tate/">David Tate on January 13, 1998 17:21:27 UTC

: God did not create Science.

: We are the one - human beings - name the study of nature, SCIENCE.

: Science wasn't given to fend for ourselves.

: It is the God, which we created, that we are worshipping, (and protecting), all this while.

: We are making our Creator looks so flawless. We bear all the blames, while He takes all the credit. If you were to pray to Him during a crisis, can you guarantee that He will help you to pull through. For those who survive the crisis, will claim that they prayers were answered. For those who were not so fortunate, would

: (1) feel that everything was fated or it's God's will; : (2) blame on themselves for not praying; : (3) not be around to prove that they actually prayed very hard and still could not make it;

: I sincerely urge all Devotees not to come into this forum to convert anyone of us here. If you people think that God is the ultimate answer, you are wasting your time in school.

: Will the rest of us continue our quest....

: : : : Science was not created to prove the existence of God. : : Science was created to understand what he gave us and : : what we are suppose to do with it. I beileve God gave : : us science in order to teach us how to fend for : : ourselves. Many ponder on the question that if God : : exists why does he let us suffer so. Why doesn't he : : cure diseases and give us the answer to all of our : : many questions. God is our teacher. God taught us : : science in order to survive in order to evolve he : : taught us how not to depend on him. God is our teacher. : : He teaches us to cure our diseases to answer our : : questions ourselves. It is this that makes us evolve : : as we do so one day perhaps we will be intelligent : : enough to comprehend all he's done for us.

I have to say that, although I would argue forcefully against the logic of what was just said, I do completely agree that this is not the place invade and "preach" at us!

Join us if you are realy interested in the topic, don't use it as an excuse to try engage in "evangelism". We are not stupid, and it quickly becomes apparent what your real motivation is. Christ didn't and wouldn't work that way, and you shouldn't.

If you want to challenge me on this, please do so via email rather than wasting time and space (no pun intended) posting more messages.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins