Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Black Holes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by David Tate/">David Tate on January 13, 1998 17:03:17 UTC

: : You mean stars can also go HALF way and if the neutron star that is produced has the correct properties it will then develop into a pulsar.

: thats what I ment, I just mis-understood myself. it was late, don't blame me.

Just so that Ashley know what you mean by "half way"... sometimes there is enough matter (and thus enough gravity) to crush the atomic structure, but not the sub atomic structure. ie gravity will crush the atoms, freeing the charged particles, (protons and electorns), from their bonds and they escape as energy leaving just the neutrons. Thus you have a planet (or star) made up of mainly neutrons. The gravitational force on these things are, none the less, still pretty strong, just not strong enough to capture light. If it's gravity collects enough matter it could eventually reach the point of being able to break its sub atomic structure then could become a black hole.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins