Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Anti-Grav

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Kimberley on April 15, 1999 14:35:55 UTC

: : Is it theoretically possible to nullify gravity within : : a given radius? If so could you explain how, and if : : possible, suggest a practical method of doing so? : : Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

: : Mav.

: Rich: : It is theoretically possible to nullify gravity at the center of a very large mas such as the earth or a black hole. Of course, that is not very practical. Gravity can be nullified at a given radius such as in a satellite orbiting the earth. Still not very practical. : A gravity-free environment can be attained for small periods of time such as NASA's use of airplanes with acceleration towards the center of the earth. : The most practical method for individuals to obtain a gravity-free environment, however, is merely to jump. The acceleration of your body towards the earth nullifies gravity. : If you need sufficient time to get used to the environment, you might consider Bungee Jumping or parachuting. Diving into water does not afford enough time to experience the lack of gravity. : However, the safest method with the best experience, if only for brief moments, is to swing on a swing set until the swing is almost horizontal at each end of the swing. You will experience the nullification of gravity with your stomach.

Rich:

I think you misunderstood me when I said "nullify gravity". What I meant was, some sort of apparatus that one could wear or something like that, electronic equipment, whatever, that could nullify gravity within a given radius from the anti-grav unit. Swinging on swings is not what I had in mind. I mean something that interacts with gravity on a more fundamental level, like say gravitons or something like that (depending on what you believe causes gravity)

Thanks,

Mav.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins