Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: I Need A Bit Of Help...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by vidlord on April 14, 1999 13:38:32 UTC

: Ok all you QM masters, try these on for size.

: I have come across a few problems which I can't seem to : grasp. Maybe y'all could help lil' 'ol Kelli...

: 1) Given that 1 sp2 hybrid orbital is : phi(1) = (1/square root of 3)*2s + (square root of 2/3)*2Pz,

: Make another orbital with

: phi(2) = (1/square root of 3)*2s + (b2)*2pz + (c2)*2Pz

: phi 2 is normalized and phi 1 and phi 2 are orthogonal. : 2) Using Molecular Orbital Theory, determine if the linear or triangular : state of H3+ is more stable. Then repeat for H3 and H3-.

: There they are. I'd love it if I could get some help with these : questions. Please post here or e-mail me at kelli9684@hotmail.com. Thanks a bunch! : Kelli

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins