Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Blackholes/planet Explosion

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Biggest_Dummy/">Biggest_Dummy on March 24, 1999 19:10:56 UTC

: : what makes black holes? what is a black? when a planetes explode : : do they make black holes? when a planet explodes does the gravety : : pull the bits and peases back and they all hit and dimolish its self : : or get sucked into a black hole -I'd like to express before hand that I'm no expert! Well I think when a star's mass is greater than it's critical circumference, the star's gravity forces the star to implode. The black that you don't see is the light that is sucked into the black hole, light that has passed beyond the event horizon. The light has been sucked into the black hole, simply because the holes gravity is stronger than light. No longer can light be recognized in any of it's rays. Hah like I said I'm no expert and I've no clue to the matter when a planet explodes. I was always under the impression that planets always ended up white dwarves, or dead stars.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins