Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Couple Infinites

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.o.sofir. on March 11, 1999 12:00:05 UTC

: : : : : : A BH does not have infinite gravity whatsoever.

: : classical thoughtless idealism; : : The penrose-hawking singularity is defined as : : G(uv)--{KK}==> limes which comes down to an : : infinite value as the E-p tensor reaches singular : : defination.

: maybe I could have made it more clear as to what perspective I was deriving my viewpoint concerning the possiblity of infinite gravity.

: I have no problems with Hawking and Penrose. I do not argue that beyond an EH lies a mathematical theory defined as a singularity.

: I was referring to the absence of infinite gravity from the FOR outside of the EH. I do not argue that within the EH exists (mathematically)an actual infinity; this is so. However, in the absence of spacetime, such is the case within the EH, it is impractical to speak in terms that have to do with physical laws within spacetime. When dealing within the EH, we need to speak in mathematical terms that remain undefined as such(singularity). This is why I believe it is impossible to have an existing "actual" infinity within our finite spacetime.

***There are a couple areas that qualify as truely infinite, Existance of material in the universe and the movement of such, matter will always exist, it may be so diluted into the vast infinite nothingness of space to the point where we it could not be detected, but it will always be. The nothingness of space, (or even outside of space for those who say space is something) is infinite, I think.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins