Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Germs On Mars Or Even Bacteria

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Kasey /">Kasey on February 28, 1999 18:12:47 UTC

:I think that there is germs and bacteria on Mars, I really do. And, I think that those germs are deady to people plus I think that bacteria might on mars some kind of different bacteria that can cure people. My name is Kasey and I an in the 5th, this is part of my research for my science project. Please respond very very soon!

The chance that germs from rocks blasted from Earth by and interplanetary are what were responsible for eliminating life on Mars are very slim, especially that it was the KT impact which was by no means the largest in Earth's history, biological or geological. First the idea that any life could survive the many thousands or millions of years in the vacuum of space easily is false, it would be very hard indeed. Second, and while we certainly have found Martian rocks that have hit earth and there are probably Earthling rocks on Mars, most of those pieces of planets blasted free in planetary impacts never hit anything else and it is unlikely that THAT particular rock(s) would contain deadly germs (especially those deadly to life they have never had contact with). Third, the simple impact its self would probably sterilize any rocks blasted into space. Now then about the "face" and "pyramids" on Mars: the "face" was photographed with MGS's superior cameras (superior to Viking, which is what took the photos on which the whole "face" thing is based) a few months back and it turned out to be (surprise, surprise) an eroded mesa, in other words the "face" was a trick of shading and light and lack or resolution. I have not heard of the MGS photographing the "pyramids" yet, but I have no doubt that when it does (or if it has already) that they will turn out to be no different than the "face," just natural features who by a trick of light and lack or resolution looks like something artifical. I must admit that while my rational side dismissed these two items as highly unlikely for being artifical objects, my more imaginative side really wished they were artifacts of a bygone civilization. But they most likely aren't. Wouldn't be something though, if when we do really start exploring Mars, if we found a REAL artifact of a bygone civilization. I'd take that over impeachment of the President any old day of the week.

: -Paul

: : I believe that at one time(like most other scientist)that there was once life on Mars,and may still be(just not in forms we could recognize.Nasa still says it is just a trick of light,but it has been proven to be a three diminsional image(the face).I don't think what ever was(or is)would be super intelligent,becuase it would have been detected by now. : : One theory I have heard is that When the

Astroid that hit(and killed the dinosaurs) the Earth,it might have blasted bits of rock carrying life(germs)off the earth and collided with Mars,but than how did it evolve so fast that it was able to build pyramids in just a 60 million years,and it took life on earth billions of years??I just tend to believe life evolved independently...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins