Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Singularities

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Randall Flagg/">Randall Flagg on February 20, 1999 07:35:28 UTC

: I understand the theory of thought concerning an "actual" black hole. But my argument is based on a FOR always outside the Schwarzschild radii, and the reasoning : being is due to the fact that our cosmos is finite. Space is expanding, so therefore nothing existing within S/T can possess attributes with that of an actual infinity. I, no : doubt, believe black holes exist, but possess characteristics that do not present paradoxes/infinities. I propose that nothing collapses beyond the Schwarzschild radii, : but rather becomes infinitely close to the critical radius. This would support characteristics within relativity. i.e.. nothing with mass can exceed the velocity of light. : Same with a "potential" infinite black hole. It becomes infinitely close, but does not pass.

Hmm.. Understanding that any recording device that were sent into a black hole would seem, to an outside observer, to be suspended in time the moment before it crosses the Swarchzchild radius, could we not assume that NOTHING at all goes beyond it? Since noting with mass escapes the EH then what would need to go beyond? I understand that my statement is half-baked, but i would like someone to elaborate for me on this idea....

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins