Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Nothing.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tomislav Strelar on January 29, 1999 17:18:44 UTC

I must say I like your philosophic approach to this matter. It's pretty much pure and clear as you stated.

However, I would like to add few things in a hope for further discussion. So, here goes.

Science tells us how. Philosophy tells us why.

you said: : Question. : Why this all, exist? : Answer : No answer

i say:

That is a good startpoint.

But what would you say if I try to answer your question like this:

If all of this don't exist like it exists, we wouldn't be here to ask questions like why it exists.

So it exists because we exist and vice versa.

Most of the time I look at philosophic matter like such from an anthropocentric point of view. This usually helps me to clear my mind for more scientific approach which tells us how.

But in this case I would like to get philosophic. So I would appreaciate more of your philosophic thoughts about this.

Tomislav

P.S. There's something wrong with my e-mail, so i can't read mail or send it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins