Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
"What Constitues Life..."

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by nåte/">nåte on December 22, 1998 00:57:29 UTC

: We view everything only in the human context, limited. : How do we define life, E.T. and non E.T.? Can we say : that planets, stars, atoms, protons, neutrinos everything : big and small can be viewed as a life form? What constituits : life??

: Tön :

my idea of, "what constitutes life"...

The opposite of entropy. Increasing complexity for the purpose of itself.

tell me what force is it in nature that "responds" to this coding of information? Why does life spring about merely by the presence of the correct arrangement of protien chains?

this question ponders in the minds of many evolutionists...

many respond in stating that this "force of nature" is just another natural law that we have not uncovered...

my rebuttal:

By what presupposition are you supposing a force of nature? Why is it this life giving force is even present in nature? It seems uncanny that such a beautifull and amazing "force" would constitute itself in bringing forth the astounding intricacies of life... aside from chance...

probability comes about only because there is the presence of this "life giving force"... Life would not exist merely on the arrangement of protien chains. Life requires the "decoder" of information as well.

I sometimes question that the "decoder" of life is by far more astounding than the information in presence; albeit the information encoded is indisputably amazing.

I won't bother announcing why or how I believe I am here. I'm sure you have pondered this same question. I pray that you come to the understanding of the one and true God. Its awesome to be a Christian. I'm not ashamed whatsoever. What joy there is in life! :)

Godbless...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins