Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Gravity

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by New guy/">New guy on December 6, 1998 21:15:46 UTC

Hey, everyone. I'm a real new person in these parts ( as my nickname suggests). I do, however, have an idea that might help. I have come up with a model of gravity vs. energy. There are two sides, one labeled "gravity", one "energy", and a barrier between the two. The latter would be what we refer to as the universe. All three, gravity side, energy side and the barrier would expand infinitely in all directions, overlapping each other. Because of this arrangement, the three sections could be referred to as the three dimensions. There is a fluid - if you will - moving through the barrier from one side to the other, creating either a gravitational pull or a blast of energy from our point of view. One example is a particle or many particles of energized matter (plasma, sound traveling through the air, etc.) creating a hole in the barrier, allowing the fluid to flow from the energy side to the gravity side which we can monitor as energy in various forms.A second example is just the opposite- a dense particle or mass of dense particles allowing the fluid to move from the gravity side to the energy side ( which, from our point of view, would be a planet or the like creating a gravitational pull). Different kinds of holes would act like valves, only allowing the fluid to move in one direction. I also have something to say about this "space-time" thing. The way I see it, space-time cannot be warped. Space is like a point on a graph, moving foreward along a line on the same graph. To warp space-time, or to move faster or slower along the line of space would be to leave the realm of space altogether and be converted into pure energy, possibly creating a two-way hole in the barrier mentioned above. I hope this helps everyone to "think outside the lines" a little, and come up with their own bright ideas instead of supporting ones off of Star Trek.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins