Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: ((space)) Time

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert M. Owen on December 5, 1998 09:13:11 UTC

: : If i have two light-source, A and B. : : A send light C1 and B send light C2.

: : B.....C2.....C1.....A

: : What happens when light meets?

: : B.......C3........A.

: : C1+C2 join together, and result is C3.

: : What is speed of C3?

: what do you mean, what is the speed of C3?

: If i understand what your asking, your saying : that when two light beams are aimed at eachother : and they meet; what is the speed at the meeting : point?

: i'm not sure what your asking.

: the speed of two passing beams is irrelevant. : however, it is more interesting to note that : the observed velocity of light passing by, while : traveling the opposite direction, (at or near the : speed of light), will appear that the light : passing by me is not the sum of my velocity : and the light passing. But rather the light passing : by would appear the normal velocity of lightspeed. : This is relativity.

Indeed-- u'=(u+v)/(1+uv/c2) {according to the STR) Thus, as u=v=c, u'=(u+v)/2=c ergo de facto-- both beams will go towards one another at the speed of light -- c. Einstein made his own conclusions due to this numeric calculations on 1905-- the result was the Special Theory of Relativity... A question worthwhile.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins