Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: What Is At The Middle Of A Blackhole?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by nåte/">nåte on November 10, 1998 10:34:36 UTC

: ok i understand that a blackhole is a sun that has collapsed in on itself but is there anything at the middle of a blackhole after the sun collapses like is there a piece of the core left there or is it just a hole like if i made a hole in a piece of paper : that is my question and if there is something at the middle left over from the sun and it has this strong magnetic pull could we not say that after all the suns which can make it to the stage of a blackhole and everything in the universe is devowered by the blackholes would they start to pull on each other and if so what happens when two blackhole colide with each other and what happens when all the blackholes colode if there is some sort of matter left at the center of a black hole and since all life and light and everything as we know it is gone because it has been sucked into the blackholes than mabey when all the blackholes colided this is the big bang mabey it just keeps happening over and over a big bang happens and sometime down the road everything becomes devowered by blackholes they than start to pull on each other and when they colided them bang

: this is just something i thought up one day : but is there anything left at the middle of a blackhole

wow, you said a lot. : )

well, i'll comment a few here; now i'm at work so it'll be short.

At the 'center' of a black hole is what we call a singularity. A singularity is a one dimension point of infinite density, but with zero volume.

First of all, you have to keep in mind that the gravitational attraction, albeit quite large, surrounding a blackhole is never more than its original mass that collapsed into the schwarzchild radii.

Now if you are one to believe that the mass of blackholes increases over time, thats one thing. I however do not believe that blackholes gain mass within their event horizon. Now I didn't say that they may attract material very close to the horizon, but as far as 'sucking' material beyond this horizon is another thing. The reason being deals with time dilation... which i don't have the immediate time to get into because i'm at work!

maybe someone else can comment...but i gotta go..

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins