Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Interesting Point...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by nåte on October 30, 1998 10:29:26 UTC

: : : : And also, the fact is that from the frame of : : : reference (some 'stationary' point, for example : : : Earth), that object looks shorter. But if you : : : observe stationary point(earth) from that : : : object, it appears like the earth had shorthened.

: : no, the opposite. The earth would appear length : : expanded; or stretched. because from a moving : : reference point, while observing a stationary space/time : : block it appears stretched. (read my other 'point' response : : above)

: Thanks! : But now I don't see why tunnel paradox and twin : paradox are really paradoxes. : ------------------------------------------------

could you explain more. not familiar with the type of paradox you are speaking about.

: : : : Another point, when object with mass is approaching : : : speed of light (let's say 0.999999c) it's third dimension : : : in the direction it's moving disappears.

: : only disappears when the speed of light has been : : achieved.

: So photon is a 2D particle?

interesting point, but I'd have to think about that for a moment. :) but remember, light has no mass. it is energy. Its motion is instaneous across the universe, just we percieve it at a given velocity because it is traveling on the fabric of S/T continuum; Hence the term, Time moves at the speed of light and light moves at the speed of time...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins