Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Not Bad!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by nåte on October 8, 1998 21:45:55 UTC

: Very astute Nate, however, the Casimir effect is due to the change in boundary conditions of the usual electromagnetic field equations due to the presence : of the plates. The term `exotic matter' is used sometimes to say this but more usually to postulate some weird as yet unknown field equations that have the required negative energy density, relative to flat space at infinity under the original boundary conditions. This is why nobody talks about creating a wormhole between two vast metallic plates, though in theory it might be possible..

: : Needless to say this is speculation on a grand scale.

I see... and thank you RFL for your explanation. I like to "RFL" your feathers. :)

so as i understand it. exotic matter could be more or less coined that its existence is not on a relative basis compared to a flat reference, ie. flat space. But rather is it the direct opposite of "normal" gravity?

If this is the case, It would seem that space/time is not curved, but continuous; infinite. And that time is always and always has been?

If you havn't allready noticed, i approach physics more from a philosophical approach and visualization. My major is electronics and i'm currently an engineer. I havn't spent long hours learning all the equations and in depth quantum physics as some here have. Although I would genuinely desire to do so. Maybe someday I will... (after I get married next month) :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins