Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Conservation Of Energy

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul Rest/">Paul Rest on October 6, 1998 04:52:34 UTC

Yes actually something can come from nothing, these are called "virtual particles." The reason these are allowed to exist is because they cancel each other out and leave the energy state of the system unchanged. If you want I can explain how this works, but someone else could probably do it better so I'll see if anyone else wants to explain this first.

-Paul

: Aren't there some things already found to violate the law of conservation of energy? I thought I saw on the discovery channel one time about how energy was created from nothing, using just hydrogen gas or something to do with water or something like that, I don't remember it really, I bet this doesn't help much either. But, I do know you can create, lets say a proton, out of absolutly nothing, as long as it's done in a short enough amount of time.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins