Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: 5D Universe

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rob Worrall/">Rob Worrall on October 5, 1998 14:12:59 UTC

: : : : You are not understanding this. This isn't about a : : : giant 3d box. It's about giant 4d "box". : : It is an 3D box, because time is not an issue. : : What I am saying is that by creating the plane YOU create the borders. : : Which does not automaticly there is nothing beyond the borders you create. : OK, I see that you are in the wrongest track. : So please read next few lines very carefully. : : It IS a 4D (4 "spatial" dimensions without time). : 2D creatures can't escape from the sphere which is : 3D (without time). : 3D creatures can't escape from the 4D "sphere"(of : course this is not a sphere since is 4 dimensional). : That's what I am saying. When I am talking about : 4D I don't include time because, like you said, : time is not an issue here. : 4th dimension ("spatial" dimension, not time) : isn't something we can imagine, so maybe that's : why it gets so confusing some times. : That's why I tryed to simplify it a little bit, : transfering 3D to 2D. Now if 2D is the maximum : number of dimensions (that's true for those imaginary : 2D creatures), it is easy for us to understand the : dimension they can't understand. : Now, let's get complicated, let's include time. : We are living in spacetime (4D space + 1D time = 5D spacetime) : which 3 space dimensions are wrapped around 4th and : all this includes time, so we have a 5D spacetime. (Hey it's just a theory) : All matter is 3D spatialy extended(Einstein), that's : why it can't go pass the 4D enclosure.

: If you would draw a lines from one point in space, : they would meet at 2 points. One would be at the other : "side" of 4D enclosure, and the other would be startpoint. : I hope you are understanding now. : Tomislav

Very interesting, I've come across this before but no one has satisfactorily explained to me whether the mathematics supports more that 4 spatial dimensions (and for that matter more than a single entropic time dimension). Are there any theoretical limits to the number of space-time dimensions, perhaps based on how they intereact or interfere or the energetic implications of numerous dimensions.

I would appreciate your thoughts. (Sorry, I am not a theoretician or recently practiced in mathematics).

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins