Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: PHYSICS AND GOD

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by ManOfNature on December 30, 1997 00:41:42 UTC

Dear John, I hope the 'something' behind the creation doesn't no stop you from persueing in further understanding of nature. Well, you must first agree that human exists on this earth is only 'micro-micro-seconds' compare to the time nature exists. Given the intelligence of human, how can we expect ourselves to understand the entire creation of nature in such short span of time. Science in its beginning stage, I agree it's all about understanding and discovery of laws of nature. However as to who created the nature, I strongly feel that it's just a matter of time that we can explain nature further and clearer. If one could not understand the environment where he is in, how can you expect him to create something out of this world. We, I mean myself and you, and people reading this forum, may not live to see what science can do to this world. However, I certainly hope the 'spiritual discussion' is not within the context of science, as it will greatly affect the progess of human race into the new era. If everything was to explain simply in the word of 'God', then there is nothing else left in the world worth our effort and time to strive. I have to agree that 'time before creation' is so far unexplainable, as how we say 'INFINITY' in scientific term. Lastly, I sincerely hope that religious people will not hinder in the findings of the 'truth'. Well I can't wait to get the answer only when I die, as to whether there is 'second life' after death. Take care!

: Your point is well taken. God is at least the sum of all natural forces of nature.

: We know much about these laws of nature. Our better understanding of them allows us to improve our lives. Science is the window to understanding the laws of nature as they were created by what or who created the universe as we understand it.

: One could consider science a religion. It explains things. It improves our lives through understanding. It can destroy lives by implementation. It can help us understand how we became what we are. It creates new questions while answering old ones.

: Science describes the origin of the Universe down to the first fractions of a second. However, time before this creation eludes our detection.

: What created creation? Something did.

: : : : I think that the universe is governed by a set of laws setup by GOD. The laws can not be broken or changed by man. But, man can try to understand HIS ways.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins