Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: 5D Universe

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tomislav Strelar/">Tomislav Strelar on September 30, 1998 05:57:10 UTC

: I understand what you mean, but you are wrong. : From a mathematical point of view you can draw : a infinit 2D line in a 3D environment (X=Y). : Same goes for a 3D line in a 4D environment (Z=X+Y). : The main problem is that our mind can't grasp infinty. : Let alone an infite dimension wrapped around an other : infinit dimension. : My point is that the Nth dimension has no influence on : the infinity of the N-1th dimension. : (ie. an inifit line in 2D (x=y) is also infinit in 3D). : If not it has to be easy to describe the 3D coordinates of : the begin and end points of a 2D infinit line. : If you can give me those, I'll accept them as evidence : for your theory. If you can't find them doesn't that prove : taht a infinit 2D line is infinit in 3D?

: Gerwin

But the line is not acctually a line, it's curved. Therefore it is not infinite, but it does go on forever.

What you are saying for the line is true, but not if those lines were curved by higher dimension. Let's get back to 2D creatures. They think that the curves that they are drawing are lines. They are, but those lines are lines only in 2D. Don't forget that they are acctually living on a sphere, but they don't know that. Looking from 3D perspective those lines are not lines anymore, they are circles. Those circles have a repeated points at 360degrees, 720deg....., they are not infinite.

So our 3D line(this line could be a beam of light) is actually curved along with space in 4D reality. So as you may see it's acctually not a line, but circle with start and endpoints at 0deg and 360deg.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins