Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Big Shink, Re:Re:Endless, But Not Infinite

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tomislav Strelar/">Tomislav Strelar on September 28, 1998 08:54:16 UTC

: Your reasoning is correct, but you are using the wrong object. : You assume that the univers has a " border", and from that you derive : it can't be infinit. So actually you are saying: "Any object with "borders/limits" : isn't infinit. I do agree that this must be true. : What I am missing is how this apply to the universe. : Where is the proof that the Universe ends somewhere?

: I'm not convinced about the Bang/Shrink theory. : It implies that there allways was something, and allways will be something. : But if that is true, why has that something be a cycle of Bangs and Shrinks and not : the universe as is? : Futhermore, Banging and Shrinking isn't possible in an infinit universe.

I am very sure that "Banging and Shrinking" is possibe, and that space is finite (please read my 5D Spacetime post for more details about this).

What you are saying is that Big Bang never occured, yet it's a most accepted theory among the scientists.

It all comes to this: Big Bang occured => the universe is finite Big Bang never occured => the universe is infinite.

Infinity is just a theoretical assumption used for algebra and Euclidean geometry, and I belive that nothing in reality is infinite.

Now you may say: what about time. Time exists only with space, therefore it's finite too.

Tomislav

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins