Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
5D Universe

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tomislav Strelar/">Tomislav Strelar on September 28, 1998 08:37:33 UTC

: : You are not understanding this. This isn't about a : : giant 3d box. It's about giant 4d "box". : It is an 3D box, because time is not an issue. : What I am saying is that by creating the plane YOU create the borders. : Which does not automaticly there is nothing beyond the borders you create.

OK, I see that you are in the wrongest track. So please read next few lines very carefully.

It IS a 4D (4 "spatial" dimensions without time). 2D creatures can't escape from the sphere which is 3D (without time).

3D creatures can't escape from the 4D "sphere"(of course this is not a sphere since is 4 dimensional).

That's what I am saying. When I am talking about 4D I don't include time because, like you said, time is not an issue here.

4th dimension ("spatial" dimension, not time) isn't something we can imagine, so maybe that's why it gets so confusing some times.

That's why I tryed to simplify it a little bit, transfering 3D to 2D. Now if 2D is the maximum number of dimensions (that's true for those imaginary 2D creatures), it is easy for us to understand the dimension they can't understand.

Now, let's get complicated, let's include time. We are living in spacetime (4D space + 1D time = 5D spacetime) which 3 space dimensions are wrapped around 4th and all this includes time, so we have a 5D spacetime. (Hey it's just a theory)

All matter is 3D spatialy extended(Einstein), that's why it can't go pass the 4D enclosure.

If you would draw a lines from one point in space, they would meet at 2 points. One would be at the other "side" of 4D enclosure, and the other would be startpoint.

I hope you are understanding now.

Tomislav

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins