Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: They Can't

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Stinky/">Stinky on September 18, 1998 07:12:09 UTC

: So you don't believe that gravity is a wave? If it were a wave then travel wouldn't be instanteneous. : I think that gravity is a wave that can be amplified. But, of course, there is no proof of that. : We are still far from uniting the 4 basic forces, and I think before that happens the probability of producing, amplifying, shielding or in any other way manipulating the gravity is very small.

Exactly what I am saying. I think everyone is too concerned with creating new formulae (which have all proved usefull in some way or another), however, we still have to define our most basic concepts which may revolutionize our understanding of everyday physics. For example: for einstein to start working on his theories of relativity, he first begain with the fundamental measurements in the 'real world' of physics, those being length, mass and time. Before we can start talking about how we can use gravity for our own benefit, we should start just as he did, right from the beginning. Of course, in the world of today where people are too concerned with money, this is not a very attractive option. That is, alot of time would be wasted, working from the ground up again when we could just pick up a book and look up a formula for a starting point. I am not saying that this is the way it should be. Alot of theories out there that we find very practical and useful were not deduced in this manner, they were instead derived from others works.

Thats just my 3 cents anyway. We need to spend more time researching our most fundamental units. We can already manipulate light and matter and all sorts, but we dont know *exactly* what is happening in most cases. Until we have a full understanding, I beleive we wont get full benefit out of anything.

Now im just rambling. :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins