Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Pixel Effect

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tomislav Strelar/">Tomislav Strelar on September 12, 1998 23:23:43 UTC

: That is a very interesting theory about the pixel effect. I would have substituted "pixel" for "particle". However it is true that an infinite number of points can exist between point "A" and point "B". Hypothetically lets imagine a two-dimensional line one-meter long. We could cut this line in half, take the remaining portion of the line and cut it in half, then take THAT remaining portion and cut it in half. It would take an infinite amount of steps if we were to keep dividing the line in half. Now lets look at the space between the trains as if it were the line. We could divide this space into an infinite amount of points. Now lets attribute a number to the space. If the distance between the trains is 10 meters, obviously we can divide 10 an infinite number of times. Through how many points must an object travel to reach its destination…. I dunno? :0)

Thanks, but please let me elaborate even more. If we talk about Euclidian geometry than this would be true. Line could be divided into infinite number of fractions. But the propozitions of Euclidian geometry doesn't have to be true when a real life spacetime is involved (just like Einstein said). So if we disregard Euclidian geometry and say it is false for real spacetime, we just could set diferent axioms for it. We could say that there IS a finite number of movement steps between two objects.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins