Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Thoery On Black Hole 4D

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Gideon Yu/">Gideon Yu on August 25, 1998 12:54:15 UTC

: I put this theory on another one of the message boards in : here on dimensions. Correct me if i'm wrong but as you : move into a black hole time becomes slower and slower. : If this is true, then when a three dimensional object : moves into the black hole than then its front would : seemingly move slower than the back. But the back could : could never reach the front or squish in any way : because it is still accelerating at the same speed and : before it could reach or squish it would come under : the same time laws as the front had before it reached : there. Thats not a great explination but basically the : dimensions of the object could never change. But the : back continues to move faster than the front. So the : what happends is that because the space must expland in : another dimension, a fourth dimension. So what would : apear on the outside as squishing of the object is : actually space compressing itself so as to anable the : objects dimensions to stay the same. Possibly close : to the hole one inch of space from the outside would : equal a million miles. And maybe singularity is : actuallly an infinite amount of space compressed into : an infinticimaly small area. :

Craig, the first part of your posting is incorrect. Time does not necessarily become slower to an object as it passes through a black hole's event horizon (I assume that's what you meant by moving through a black hole). I think you may be confusing this with the idea that as an object moves fast relative to another object (fast meaning close to the speed of light), time slows down for the fast moving object RELATIVE to the stationary object. This is one of the basics of relativity and predicts that, for example, a twin traveling at near light speeds, say, for weeks would come back to earth to see that the other twin has aged many years while the traveling twin has aged only for the weeks that he was gone. I hope this helps.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins