Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Antigravity

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by gary/">gary on May 17, 1998 21:37:51 UTC

: Does anybody know about theories in antigravity?

: I understand is a mathimatical theory suggesting the existance of antigravity. I would like to know what this means if it does exist. Would this give us the ability to travel huge distances between the stars? Would this give us the ability to design "floating" cars?

: Any thoughts on this? ... or theories?

I had an in depth discussion with a professor regarding wormholes & time travel. Antigravity also called negative energy has been proven to exist. This professor was trying to assertain whether there exists enough antigravity to stabalize a wormhole via weaving it into the very fabric of this wormhole. A year latter his published conclusions showed that using our currently laws of physics that there is not enough and/or??? the force was too weak to counterbalance normal gravity.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins